Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back roads

The everyday kindness of back roads
more than makes up for the acts of greed
in the headlines.
Charles Kuralt

If you read Easy Street, you know that I love the CBS Sunday Morning News.  My mom got me started on the show back when Charles Kuralt was the host.  I loved his folksy delivery.  I was quite disappointed when his double life came out after his death.

Charles Osgood was a good replacement choice.  I heard him speak at the National English Teacher's conference quite a few years ago.  I love his sense of humor and his rhymes.  I love his delivery on CBS Sunday Morning.  And I especially love that he sings and plays the piano once in awhile.  And on the New Years show this last year--he played and sang "Auld Lang Syne."  Yes, I love Charles Osgood, too!

2 comments: